It’s time for your daily dose of Quordle hints, plus the answers for both the main game and the Daily Sequence spin off. Quordle is the only one of the many Wordle clones that I’m still playing now, around 18 months after the daily-word-game craze hit the internet, and with good reason: it’s good fun, but also difficult.What’s more, its makers (now the online dictionary Merriam-Webster) are also keeping it fresh in the form of a new variant called the Daily Sequence, which sees you complete four puzzles consecutively, rather than concurrently. But Quordle is tough, so if you already find yourself searching for Wordle hints, you’ll probably need some for this game too. I’m a Quordle and Wordle fanatic who’s been playing since December 2021, so I can definitely help you solve Quordle today and improve your game for tomorrow. Read on for my Quordle hints to game #576 and the answers to the main game and Daily Sequence. SPOILER WARNING: Information about Quordle today is below, so don’t read on if you don’t want to know the answers.Your Quordle expertYour Quordle expertMarc McLarenSocial Links NavigationUK Editor in ChiefMarc is TechRadar’s UK Editor in Chief and has been playing Wordle and Quordle for more than a year. He’s authored dozens of articles on the game for TechRadar and its sister site Tom’s Guide, including a detailed analysis of the most common letters in every position. His Wordle streak recently reached the 500 mark and he’ll be inconsolable if he loses it. Yes, he takes it all too seriously.
Quordle today (game #576) – hint #1 – Vowels
How many different vowels are in Quordle today?
• The number of different vowels in Quordle today is 4*.* Note that by vowel we mean the five standard vowels (A, E, I, O, U), not Y (which is sometimes counted as a vowel too).
Quordle today (game #576) – hint #2 – total vowels
What is the total number of vowels in Quordle today?
• The total number of vowels across today’s Quordle answers is 6.
Quordle today (game #576) – hint #3 – repeated letters
Do any of today’s Quordle answers contain repeated letters?
• The number of Quordle answers containing a repeated letter today is 3.
Quordle today (game #576) – hint #4 – total letters
How many different letters are used in Quordle today?
• The total number of different letters used in Quordle today is 13.
Quordle today (game #576) – hint #5 – uncommon letters
Do the letters Q, Z, X or J appear in Quordle today?
• No. None of Q, Z, X or J appear among today’s Quordle answers.
Quordle today (game #576) – hint #6 – starting letters (1)
Do any of today’s Quordle puzzles start with the same letter?
• The number of today’s Quordle answers starting with the same letter is 0.If you just want to know the answers at this stage, simply scroll down. If you’re not ready yet then here’s one more clue to make things a lot easier:
Quordle today (game #576) – hint #7 – starting letters (2)
What letters do today’s Quordle answers start with?
• GRight, the answers are below, so DO NOT SCROLL ANY FURTHER IF YOU DON’T WANT TO SEE THEM.Today’s best Get Better At Wordle deals
Quordle today (game #576) – the answers
(Image credit: Merriam-Webster)The answers to today’s Quordle, game #576, are…How did you do today? Send me an email and let me know.
Daily Sequence today (game #576) – the answers
(Image credit: Merriam-Webster)The answers to today’s Quordle Daily Sequence, game #576, are…
Quordle answers: The past 20
Quordle #575, Tuesday 22 August: COAST, AWOKE, CLOTH, ANNEXQuordle #574, Monday 21 August: FILTH, TRACE, STONY, FOLIOQuordle #573, Sunday 20 August: WIMPY, PLUNK, FORAY, SHAKEQuordle #572, Saturday 19 August: STIFF, QUOTH, MUCKY, WEDGEQuordle #571, Friday 18 August: EXPEL, ROGUE, PATCH, MINTYQuordle #570, Thursday 17 August: OLDEN, HASTY, ADULT, OLIVEQuordle #569, Wednesday 16 August: BOOST, QUARK, ADULT, ANGSTQuordle #568, Tuesday 15 August: IONIC, DAUNT, BRIBE, NORTHQuordle #567, Monday 14 August: CARGO, PATTY, BARGE, MELONQuordle #566, Sunday 13 August: SAUCE, DEIGN, HARDY, FLUNGQuordle #565, Saturday 12 August: APRON, STALE, GUILT, PARTYQuordle #564, Friday 11 August: REPEL, MANOR, MONEY, ZESTYQuordle #563, Thursday 10 August: OVERT, RALLY, SENSE, ATOLLQuordle #562, Wednesday 9 August: FEAST, APING, LIMIT, GIRTHQuordle #561, Tuesday 8 August: CREPE, CADDY, DRIER, TANGOQuordle #560, Monday 7 August: SMITE, GRIND, CRAWL, FIBREQuordle #559, Sunday 6 August: QUASH, MOULT, STALK, EDICTQuordle #558, Saturday 5 August: SPASM, TRAWL, LEVER, BIRTHQuordle #557, Friday 4 August: SHAKY, OWING, HOMER, PICKYQuordle #556, Thursday 3 August: BIGOT, AMPLE, LAUGH, EASEL
Quordle FAQs: Everything you need to know
What is Quordle?
Where Wordle challenges you to guess a new five-letter word each day, Quordle presents you with four puzzles to solve. And rather than complete them in turn, you do so simultaneously. You get nine guesses, rather than the six for Wordle, but the rules are otherwise very similar.
It’s played online via the Quordle website and you can also get to it via the Merriam-Webster site, after the dictionary purchased Quordle last year.
As with Wordle, the answers are the same for every player each day, meaning that you’re competing against the rest of the world. And also as with Wordle, the puzzle resets at midnight so you have a fresh challenge each day.
The website also includes a practice mode – which I definitely recommend using before attempting the game proper! – and there are daily stats including a streak count. You also get Quordle Achievements – specific badges for winning a game in a certain number of turns, playing lots of times, or guessing particularly hard words.
Oh, and it’s difficult. Really difficult.
What are the Quordle rules?
The rules of Quordle are almost identical to those of Wordle.1. Letters that are in the answer and in the right place turn green.
2. Letters that are in the answer but in the wrong place turn yellow.
3. Letters that are not in the answer turn gray…
4. …BUT the word you guess appears in all quadrants of the puzzle at the same time, so an A could turn green in one square, yellow in another and gray in the final two.
5. Answers are never plural.
6. Letters can appear more than once. So if your guess includes two of one letter, they may both turn yellow, both turn green, or one could be yellow and the other green.
7. Each guess must be a valid word in Quordle’s dictionary. You can’t guess ABCDE, for instance.
8. You do not have to include correct letters in subsequent guesses and there is no equivalent of Wordle’s Hard mode.
9. You have nine guesses to find the Quordle answers.
10. You must complete the daily Quordle before midnight in your timezone.
What is a good Quordle strategy?
Quordle needs to be approached in a different way to Wordle. With four puzzles to solve in nine guesses, you can’t blindly throw letters at it and expect to win – you’ll stand a far better chance if you think strategically.
That’s the case in Wordle too, of course, but it’s even more important in Quordle.
There are two key things to remember.
1. Use several starting words
Firstly, you won’t want just a single starting word, but almost certainly two or three starting words.
The first of these should probably be one of the best Wordle starting words, because the same things that make them work well will apply here too. But after that, you should select another word or possibly two that use up lots more of the most common consonants and that include any remaining vowels.
For instance, I currently use STARE > DOILY > PUNCH. Between them, these three words use 15 of the 26 letters in the alphabet including all five vowels, Y, and nine of the most common consonants (S, T, R, D, L, P, N, C and H). There are plenty of other options – you might want to get an M, B, F or G in there instead of the H, maybe – but something like that should do the trick.
If all goes well, that will give you a good lead on what one or sometimes two of the answers might be. If not, well good luck!
2. Narrow things down
Secondly, if you’re faced with a word where the answer might easily be one of several options – for instance -ATCH, where it could be MATCH, BATCH, LATCH, CATCH, WATCH, HATCH or PATCH – you’ll definitely want to guess a word that would narrow down those options.
In Wordle, you can instead try several of those in succession and hope one is right, assuming you have enough guesses left. It’s risky, but will sometimes work. Plus, it’s the only option in Hard mode. But in Quordle, this will almost certainly result in a failure – you simply don’t have enough guesses.
In the scenario above, CLAMP would be a great guess, as it could point the way to four of the seven words in one go.
Quordle Today: Hints and Answers for Wednesday, August 23 (Game #576)
Want to test your wordplay skills? Quordle is the perfect game for you! If you’re playing today’s game, here are some helpful hints and answers to get you started.
FAQs about Quordle Today
1. What is Quordle?
Quordle is a word puzzle game where players have to rearrange the letters given to form as many words as possible. The longer the word, the more points you earn. It’s a great way to challenge your vocabulary and problem-solving abilities.
2. Where can I find today’s game?
To access today’s game, visit the Quordle website or open the Quordle app on your mobile device. Look for the game labeled “Wednesday, August 23 (Game #576)” and click on it to start playing.
3. Are there any hints available for today’s game?
Yes, the creators of Quordle provide hints to help players. To find hints for today’s game, look for the “Hint” button. Clicking on it will reveal a clue or suggestion about a word you can form using the given letters.
4. Can I get the answers for today’s game?
While the game encourages players to discover the answers themselves, it’s understandable to get stuck on certain words. You can find answers for today’s game by searching for “Quordle Game #576 answers” on the web or visiting online Quordle communities where players share their findings.
Don’t be discouraged if you can’t find all the words – Quordle is all about enjoying the challenge and expanding your vocabulary. Keep exploring and have fun!
- The team of experts at TechListen.com are dedicated to providing you with the best information and insights on the latest and greatest technology. Our experts have extensive knowledge and experience in the tech industry, and are constantly researching and analyzing the newest products and services so you can make informed decisions. We provide detailed reviews and analysis of the latest gadgets and gizmos, as well as the hottest trends in the industry. Our team is committed to helping you stay up-to-date with the ever-changing world of technology, so you can get the most out of your tech investments. With our expertise and dedication to providing the best information, TechListen.com is the premier online destination for all things tech.
- NewsAugust 25, 2023Instacart Unveils $428 Million Profit with Anticipated Slowing Growth Prior to I.P.O.
- ReviewsAugust 23, 2023Reviewing Immortals of Aveum: Do You Believe in Magic?
- NewsAugust 22, 2023Quordle Today: Hints and Answers for Wednesday, August 23, Game #576
- NewsAugust 19, 2023Cruise Decreases Driverless Car Fleet in San Francisco After Crash