While one of the best-looking sets of cans we’ve ever set our eyes on (and we’ve seen a lot), the original wired Master & Dynamic MH40 over-ears were a so-so sounding, overly expensive set of headphones. A wireless version of the retro-styled headphones followed in 2019, but their audio performance once again failed to live up to their stylish design and hefty price tag when compared to the best wireless headphones.The American company is aiming to address those shortcomings, however, with a newly-announced second-generation version of its Bluetooth MH40’s.Maintaining the brushed aluminum and leather stylings of the original, the overhauled model boasts all-new 40mm titanium drivers, improved battery life and an upgraded microphone.There’s still no active noise cancelling, but the V.2 MH40’s do get Bluetooth 5.2 along with support for AAC, SBC and aptX Adaptive codecs up to 24-bit/96kHz, plus an improved app that allows for custom EQ settings. M&D claim the new driver configuration provides “crystal clear highs and full-sounding lows”, while the battery will now last for 30 hours compared to the 18 hours of playback provided by their predecessors, (a quick-charge feature provides a full six hours of play time from just 15 minutes of juicing up).All those new features come with a newly boosted price tag, with the MH40 V2’s coming in a full $100 more expensive than the V1’s at $400 (around £330 / AU$600), with five color options now available.
Analysis: Will it be more style over substance for the new MH40’s?
(Image credit: Master & Dynamic MH40 V2 )While their vintage looks are more than a little alluring, it’s been hard to fully recommend previous iterations of the MH40s.There’s a lot of meaningful updates with the V2’s, with the boosted battery life and new drivers addressing some of the main criticisms of their forbearers.We’re looking forward to hearing how those improvements sound, however the lack of noise cancelling coupled with the increased asking price looks likely to count against them when matched up with their leading competitors on our best over-ear headphones.
Master & Dynamic, the luxury audio brand, has given its wireless headphones a major upgrade. The company’s MW60 and MH40 headphones have received new features like USB-C charging, Google Assistant support, and 3x better battery life. In addition, the company has improved the sound quality of the headphones, making them ideal for audiophiles who demand the best in audio technology.
The new MW60 and MH40 include many of the same luxurious touches that customers have come to expect from Master & Dynamic. The headphones feature premium materials like leather and metal, as well as finely tuned drivers that deliver clear, detailed sound. These headphones are also designed to be durable and long-lasting, making them an investment that will pay off in the long run.
If you’re considering purchasing the new Master & Dynamic wireless headphones, read on for answers to some commonly asked questions.
1. What are the differences between the MW60 and MH40 headphones?
The MW60 headphones are over-ear headphones, while the MH40 headphones are on-ear headphones. The MW60 headphones have a longer battery life and come with a carrying case, while the MH40 headphones come with a pouch.
2. What kind of charging port do these headphones use?
The new Master & Dynamic wireless headphones use a USB-C charging port.
3. Can these headphones be used for making phone calls?
Yes, both the MW60 and MH40 headphones have a built-in microphone for phone calls.
4. How long does the battery last on the new headphones?
The new Master & Dynamic headphones have a battery life of up to 16 hours.
In summary, Master & Dynamic has updated its MW60 and MH40 wireless headphones with new features like USB-C charging, Google Assistant support, and improved battery life. The headphones still feature premium materials and exceptional sound quality, making them a great investment for audiophiles who demand the best in wireless headphones.
- The team of experts at TechListen.com are dedicated to providing you with the best information and insights on the latest and greatest technology. Our experts have extensive knowledge and experience in the tech industry, and are constantly researching and analyzing the newest products and services so you can make informed decisions. We provide detailed reviews and analysis of the latest gadgets and gizmos, as well as the hottest trends in the industry. Our team is committed to helping you stay up-to-date with the ever-changing world of technology, so you can get the most out of your tech investments. With our expertise and dedication to providing the best information, TechListen.com is the premier online destination for all things tech.
- NewsAugust 25, 2023Instacart Unveils $428 Million Profit with Anticipated Slowing Growth Prior to I.P.O.
- ReviewsAugust 23, 2023Reviewing Immortals of Aveum: Do You Believe in Magic?
- NewsAugust 22, 2023Quordle Today: Hints and Answers for Wednesday, August 23, Game #576
- NewsAugust 19, 2023Cruise Decreases Driverless Car Fleet in San Francisco After Crash