Meta to Lay Off Another 10,000 Workers
Meta, formerly known as Facebook, has announced that it plans to lay off another 10,000 workers in the wake of privacy scandals, the worsening health crisis and competition from emerging social platforms.
The news of the layoffs comes as a major blow to the workers who have contributed to the growth of the social media giant that has been navigating the changing landscape of social media.
The company has been under intense scrutiny from lawmakers and regulators who have expressed concerns about its practices in handling user data, privacy and its effect on mental health.
The decision to cut such a significant number of jobs also indicates the company’s struggle to compete with new social media platforms such as TikTok, which has taken the world by storm, attracting millions of young people who use the app for entertainment and communication.
The latest layoffs will be felt across a number of industries including engineering, marketing and sales departments.Most of the cuts will be in the US, but the company says it will have a global impact.
This is not the first time that the social media giant has announced major cuts. In 2018, it let go of 10,000 contractors after the Cambridge Analytica scandal. In 2020, the company also laid off around 1,500 staff in Ireland alone.
What is Meta?
Meta is a company that owns several social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram and WhatsApp.
Why is Meta laying off workers?
Meta is laying off workers due to privacy scandals, the worsening health crisis and competition from emerging social platforms.
How many workers is Meta laying off?
Meta is planning to lay off another 10,000 workers.
Which departments will be affected by the layoffs?
The layoffs will be felt across a number of industries including engineering, marketing and sales departments.
Will the layoffs only affect workers in the US?
- The team of experts at TechListen.com are dedicated to providing you with the best information and insights on the latest and greatest technology. Our experts have extensive knowledge and experience in the tech industry, and are constantly researching and analyzing the newest products and services so you can make informed decisions. We provide detailed reviews and analysis of the latest gadgets and gizmos, as well as the hottest trends in the industry. Our team is committed to helping you stay up-to-date with the ever-changing world of technology, so you can get the most out of your tech investments. With our expertise and dedication to providing the best information, TechListen.com is the premier online destination for all things tech.
- NewsAugust 25, 2023Instacart Unveils $428 Million Profit with Anticipated Slowing Growth Prior to I.P.O.
- ReviewsAugust 23, 2023Reviewing Immortals of Aveum: Do You Believe in Magic?
- NewsAugust 22, 2023Quordle Today: Hints and Answers for Wednesday, August 23, Game #576
- NewsAugust 19, 2023Cruise Decreases Driverless Car Fleet in San Francisco After Crash